Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Project 3- Selection Assignment 2





The middle image is my final product. My first step was to fix my red eye using the red eye tool. I enlarged the canvas so I could put the cursor on the whitest part of the iris and then clicking. This corrects the red eye automatically. Next I used the quick selection tool to select everything but my head and then inversed it. I then refined the edges to give it a more feathered selection rather then jagged edges. I then moved my selection to my original picture.

I made both my original picture and my head picture black and white by selecting black and white out of the image adjustments menu. When I changed my head picture to black and white I adjusted the red tones just a bit so it was a little darker like the othere picture. I then used the clone stamp on the original picture to make part of my head dissapear so my new head would not have part of the old one sticking out behind it. I then flattened the image so I could fix my chin area by using the clone stamp and the spot healing brush. This cleaned up the area a bit so it did not have weird shadows. Finally I laid a gradient map color over the entire picture to give it a cool sepia tone.

Most of what I did at the beginning of this process was what I did for my final piece. However I did do some experimenting on my face to change the shadowing and chin area by using the dodge and burn tools. I also used the eraser to try to clean up the edges of my head picture but that just ended up making it more obvious that it was not part of the orignal picture. In the end though I just changed the red tone on my head picture to make it a little darker.

I know that my final product is not the best because my face is definately brighter then my son's face but I still think it looks sort of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment