Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Project 2- Black & White Photo Adjustments



My adjusted photo is on the bottom and John's is on the top. To achieve my final look I ended up using the gradient map. I started out with the preset sepia tone gradient and then manipulated it from there. I changed the coloring of the set colors to try to better reflect John's image. I think I did a decent job on the foreground of the picture but the background was hard. The tall building has windows that are very obvious in John's picture and I could not get my windows to stand out nor could I get the clouds over the mountain to stand out.
Other methods they I tried first were the channel mixer and black & white adjustment in Photoshop and then also the HSL/Grayscale in Camera Raw. They all worked to some degree but I could not get the tone that John's photo has.

No comments:

Post a Comment